We provide simple, easy to understand, stages of work with a pre-
After the initial meeting to discuss the proposals and their feasibility we provide a written formal fee quotation broken down into easy to understand stages.
The typical services required by most home owners wanting to carry out alterations or an extension to their home are:
1. A measured survey of the existing building to form an accurate base drawing.
2. Scheme Design Drawings that are discussed and amended until you're happy with the proposals before the submission of a Planning Application.
3. Preparation of Production Drawings (also called technical drawings) that contain the construction information needed to submit a Building Regulations Application. This is the second permission that is required before you start work.
At the end of this stage you are ready to begin talking to contractors about tendering for the project. This is where our involvement usually ends as most clients are happy to proceed with a builder of their choice.
However, we can offer further work stages should you wish:
4. Preparation of tender documents to carry out a competitive tender process with local contractors with whom we've worked with many times before. This stage takes you up to signing an appropriate form of contract with your preferred contractor.
5. Monitoring progress on site including regular meetings with both you and the contractor to ensure the project is being carried out to the agreed programme of work, to a high standard, and in accordance with building regulations.
6. Certification of the work (commonly called Architect's Certificates) upon satisfactory completion of the project -